Tuesday, October 11, 2011

It Finally Happened

Today it finally happened.  No, I didn't run into a grizzly, that will eventually happen but not today.  Today, fishing the switch rod was exactly what I had hoped it would be when I picked it up. 

It was cool and raining at my place this morning so I headed out with the intention of hitting a big river that I normally don't fish very often and swinging streamers.  This was the exact scenario I envisioned when I picked up the switch rod.  Autumn weather, overcast, rain, big river...I started my day a little lower in the valley than I had originally planned and fished for a couple of hours, getting an ok Rainbow and a Whitefish before heading further upstream. 

I headed up to spot that I've fished before, having never hooked into any good fish.  It wasn't long before I landed this 20" Brown on the swing.
Energized after landing a good Brown, I pressed on.  I actually ended up getting the grand slam, several Cutts, a Rainbow, and a few Whitefish.  The second Brown was a good fish as well.  I didn't measure it so I'll call it 19". 

No comments:

Post a Comment